PVD - Physical Vapour Deposition
Fine coating process (2- 5µm thick) vacuum deposition where a material is transformed into steam , finally transported and deposited on the surface of a substrate.
- Increased performance life
( Cutting tools , molds, dies, cutting and shaping , etc. . )
- Reduced machine downtime
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Productivity increases
- Best product finish
- Reduction / elimination of lubrication
- High wear resistance
- High hardness
- High resistance to oxidation at intermediate temperatures
- Good corrosion resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS :
Cutting tools for metal removal . Coated carbide tools or high speed steel cutting abrasive materials , adhesives and cutting hard materials .
Cutting aluminum alloys, copper, titanium, cast iron, and superalloys .
Injection molds : moving parts subject to seizure phenomena .