In this process, an electric arc is established which causes the fusion of two wires continuously fed . By means of a jet of high pressure air is projected molten metal onto the substrate .With this process coatings are usually produced intrinsic porosity of about 3 %, and the levels of adhesion of 40 MPa . The typical thickness of the coatings produced with this technology is between 300 and 2.000μm .
MATERIALS AND METAL ALLOYS:
Mo99.9+, Cu5Al, Ni20Cr, AISI420, AISI316, Liga C-276, etc…
- Raw material : wire.
- Typical feedstock flow : 10 to 20 kg / h.
- Typical particle velocity of 100 m / s .
- Power source: electric arc.
- Temperature energy source : 5500 º C.
- Typical voltages accession : 15-40 MPa.
- 3% typical porosity .
- Thickness of layers : 200-5000 microns.
Adapt and improve surfaces for applications that will be submitted , giving them characteristics:
- Resistance to wear (abrasion , erosion and friction) ;
- Resistance to corrosion and oxidation ;
- Conductivity or electrical insulation, thermal or magnetic ; optics ;
- Biocompatibility .
- Increased longevity of the components;
- Cost reduction ;
- Reduced downtime / maintenance ;
- Increased overall productivity ;
- Better product quality .